Total Pageviews

Friday, May 27, 2011

Pulled over with an ak47

It's past 3am and we were just pulled over by the police, normal sounding right? Wrong.  One of the police officers had a gun pointed at us.

He did not have to shout 'freeze' because the car we were traveling in was a few degrees short of  fridge temperature, so that part was pretty much covered. If the police weren't on such a killing spree I would not be alarmed.  I was sleeping in the back seat and woke up suddenly when the car stopped.  I lifted my head and the first thing I saw was a police officer with an ak47..
Now I've been reading, hearing,  and reporting about some of the police brutality incidents that have been happening around the country.  So you can imagine the horror movie that went through my mind right there and then.

image from cracked.com
 All these tragic and fatal occurrences have exposed the very thin line between fear and respect. Although General Bheki Cele has openly condemned the killing of police officers but has had little to say about police officers killing civilians.
I guess it is a case of, when a dog bites a man it's no big deal but when a man bites a dog it is a catastrophe that should not be ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment