Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

Friend or fan?

We have to understand that people are in our lives for different reasons.  We seem to know that in theory but it baffles us in reality. Or it baffles me rather.  I have come to learn (countless times) that there are people who love me for who I am and those who love me for what I can do.  As soon as one decides to tone down on even or stop whatever it is they love about you. I kid you not, on top of the historic disappearances they are about to make, they will first look at you with great disappointment as if you promised them something. And then the classic change of direction as soon as you come their way, well maybe not that dramatic but you get the picture right?

When you love someone for what they have then you're a parasite correct?  When you love someone for what they can do then you're a fan right? and if you love someone for who they are then you're a friend, or lover, or parent or or or...

So I guess it's on you to identify who is who in your life.  Although at times fans might come in the form of friends, there are seasons in your life where everything that is not true to YOU whithers away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment